Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Car Black Box, ZeroEdge® Windshield/Dashboard Car DVR Camera

The Car Black Box DVR Dashcam is an awesome addition to the car. My daughter is 16 and she hasn't been driving long. She's the one getting the dashcam. She'll be more aware of her driving and I will feel better knowing she is paying attention to her driving.



I got this from Amazon (where I love to get all my stuff!) and you can find it here.

About the camera.
Pros:
- Easy set up. It's a plug n play! How much easier is that?
- Automatically turns on when you start the car.
- It has a sensitivity mode that will turn on if there is movement when the car is off. (So if something hits your car it will start recording)
- You can change the sensitivity. In the menu you can select between High, Medium and Low sensitivity. I set it to high and set it down. I had it unplugged so it uses the battery at this point, when I picked it up it turned on and started recording. That's pretty sensitive if you ask me.
- Easy set up. It's a plug n play! How much easier is that?
- All the things that come with it. In the little box you get the camera, cords, a car USB adapter, a screen cleaning cloth, the stand and a 16GB TF card.
- Small, compact and still powerful.
- Multiple recording functions. You can record with seamless motion or set the cam to record in stop motion every second. Setting it to snap frames every second allows you to have longer record time.
- Light weight! It might be light weight but it's constructed well.
- You can lock videos that you don't want to be recorded over.
- If you run out of room the camera will loop back around, find the earliest recording that isn't locked and will use that space to record over. So you don't have to worry about ever running out of space.

Cons:
- The only thing I can see so far are the instructions. They leave a few questions. But you can figure it out if you start pushing buttons. :)

This is a great little camera and I'm glad I got it. My daughter's not too happy about it because she thinks I'm going to say something about her driving. I've ridden with her before I know how she drives. It's the other people out there not paying attention that worry me, at least now I can "watch" to see what's going on.




No comments:

Post a Comment