Saturday, April 25, 2015

Love, Faith, Courage and Hope

Today I started and finished a bag that I've been wanting to make for a few weeks now.  A friend of mine is battling cervical and breast cancer.  She's going through chemo AGAIN and it sucks!  She is a strong person though and has so much courage.  Not long ago I sent her and her daughter a package for her birthday.  Inside I had made her daughter a bag and I made a fuzzy cover for her.  I wanted her to have something to keep her warm or something to curl up with.  She mentioned to me that she had taken Laura's bag and wanted me to make her one so I did.  I love the way it turned out!


You can't see the handles of course but they are there.  
Another friend of mine embroidered the butterfly and the "Faith" for me.  I loved how they turned out on the bag.  
I chose teal for the color because that's the ribbon color for cervical cancer.  We went with pink for the butterfly because of the ribbon color for breast cancer.  Inside the butterfly it says "Faith, Hope, Love and Courage".  All these things I know Abby has.  She's a fighter and inspiration for a lot of people.  I'm glad I get to call her friend and only wish I could do more for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment